I am a qualified, experienced language professional. I combine linguistic expertise, good research skills and technical understanding to produce clear, effective translations in plain English. I use memoQ translation software which allows me to improve quality and create customised translation memories and term bases for each client to ensure greater consistency.
In praise of slow
You may be familiar with Carl Honoré’s book of this title which documents the rise of the Slow Movement. In a society addicted to speed, he advocates that faster is not always better. And this is certainly true of my approach to translation; methodical, meticulous and … slow. I don’t mean that I work at snail’s pace, but rather, I take the time I need to do the job as well as possible, not as fast as possible. I often produce several drafts before delivering the final version and find that an elusive phrase often comes to me during the night, and a read-through the next day provides an opportunity to make further improvements.
Qualifications and Experience
- DipTrans – Diploma in Translation (Science and Technology), Institute of Linguists
- BA (Hons) – Degree in Modern Languages, Salford University
- Over fifteen years’ experience as a freelance technical translator
- I am a qualified member of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting
- I am committed to maintaining professional standards of good practice
- I respect the ITI Code of Professional Conduct
- I develop my knowledge and skills by following a programme of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- I have full professional indemnity insurance
- I deliver on time, every time