My extensive experience as a freelance translator, professional qualifications and long list of happy clients mean you can rest assured your words are in safe hands.
I have been helping German-speaking companies communicate clearly and effectively with the English-speaking world for over twenty years. I work with translation companies and direct clients in various technical and scientific fields including food and farming, climate and the environment, manufacturing, engineering, construction and industry.
With a broad focus on science and technology, over the years I have gained more extensive experience in
- crop science, plant breeding, livestock health and agricultural machinery
- building materials, especially autoclaved aerated concrete and insulation
- renewable energy and the environment
- industrial coatings and surface treatments
- and most recently, geomechanics and tunnelling
My approach can be summed up by meticulous research, a desire for accuracy and clarity and a dogged determination to understand how things work .
- Qualified Member (MITI) of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI), 2008
- Diploma in Translation (Science and Technology), Institute of Linguistics, 1999
- BA (Hons) – Degree in Modern Languages (French and German), Salford University, 1985
- I adhere to the ITI Code of Conduct
- I develop my knowledge and skills through Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- I have full professional indemnity insurance
- I deliver on time, every time
Some of my happy clients
In praise of slow
In a society addicted to speed, I believe that faster is not always better. I don’t mean that I work at snail’s pace, but rather, I take the time I need to do the job as well as possible, not as fast as possible. I often find that an elusive phrase comes to me during the night, and a read-through the next day provides an opportunity to make further improvements.